Thursday, November 3, 2011

LONG OVERDUE!

No I am not talking about my library books, I am talking about my engagement announcement!!!

I honestly can't believe it has taken me 2 months to the day to make this post, but here it is...

Jason proposed to me on September 3, 2011 while we were on vacation in Massanutten, Virgina!!!!! I was so completely surprised, I didn't even clue in that he was trying to propose! I am not always the sharpest knife in the drawer :-) I wouldn't change a single detail about Jason's proposal...It is a moment I will never forget...It was just the two of us, in a gorgeous condo at a beautiful resort and he even did the down on bended knee (well he tried to, I kinda ruined that...again I didn't realize what he was doing). Although, I think Jason could have asked me at my apartment while I was sick as a dog and I still would have thought it was the most perfect and romantic moment in the world!

Two months later and I think I am still the happiest girl in the world! I know it sounds corny, but the ring signifies so much more to me than just a promise to marry...To me it means he chose me to spend his life with, he chose me to be the mother of his children and he chose me to take his name. I thank God everyday for Jason. He is honestly 'one of a kind' and I love him more today than I did yesterday and I will love him more tomorrow than I do today. And I am not just saying that cause my ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

I have to admit we have amazing family and friends who made the proposal and the memories even better! Although we spent hours on the phone contacting the immediate family and best friends to share our great news all of the love and excitement we felt was so incredibly special that it made the long distance bill totally worth it!

The one question we got most two months ago and are still getting today is...when's the big day??? unfortunately with Jason still being in NY (although we have made progress, there's no decision made on his immigration visa) we are unable to pick a date. We are really hoping for fall 2013, but that all depends on when J can get here and we can officially start planning.

I have to warn you all that since J "put a ring on it" I have become way more of a romantic and I have become completely OBSESSED with EVERYTHING wedding, so there will be many a posts about how much I love J and our wedding!

If any of you have any wedding advice I would love to hear it, like I said I am obsessed :-)

2 comments:

  1. Let "J" have at least one special task in planning the wedding, as girls we tend to take over and get all obsessed with wedding this, wedding that, this color, that fabric and because we have dreamed of this day our whole lives we sometimes forget that this is the boyfriends special day to, so let J have a special task, or decoration that he can decide soley himself - to make sure they feel involved too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barclee :-) Sorry for the very late response, I am a horrible blogger!!! I am and creative so he has way better wedding ideas than I do...I am hoping we can plan everything together, we have waited long enough that our wedding day will be just as much his dream as it is mine.

    ReplyDelete