Monday, December 13, 2010

Winter Wonderland!

Well winter finally came to town and so did my Christmas Spirit!

We had a little bit of snow, but nothing that made it feel like December...Well that all changed as of yesterday...we got a heck of storm...ice and snow everywhere! I love snow, I love when it's snowing, I love walking threw it on the ground, hell I even love to play in it (yep kid at heart)! But I hate, let me repeat that HATE cleaning off my car...This lovely storm had placed a nice layer of ice on my car, topped by an inch of snow, then an inch of ice and then an inch or more of nice fluffy snow! It took me 25 minutes to clean off my car this morning and the whole time I am standing outside freezing my butt off cursing out Rob and Sandy cause I know their cars are nice and warm and clean in their garage!!! I know I should have been happy for them, but it was Monday morning and I was running late before I had to clean my car off!!! The roads were pretty terrible today...very slippery! I watched a moving truck slide right past the street it was trying to turn down, which made me very thankful for my winter tires as I didn't slide once when trying to stop or start!!! So although I felt safe driving, I didn't feel too safe about the crazy people who don't know how to drive in snow and ice that were all around me...I hate driving in the city during bad weather...grrr...Anyways, the lovely snow on the ground has made me happy and made me feel like it's December...

I have been battling a cold/sore throat for over a week now, so my Christmas Spirit was dwindling , honestly my energy for anything was dwindling...I decided that it was one of those situations where I had to start doing "Christmasie" things or Christmas wasn't going to come this year...so yesterday I put up my tree, it looks so cute! I also set up all my house decorations which include Christmas candles, my nativity scene, stocking and Christmas ball center piece...So my house is officially Christmast! Jason and I also watched Nestor the Christmas Donkey and Frosty the Snowman, so that definitely helped my spirit! Today I went to the dollar store and got a bunch of decorations for my desk at work, cause the place I need the Christmas Spirit most is at work!

This is the little tree I got for my desk:


I think it's so cute...

Now that all my decorating is done I can focus on the shopping! I am a terrible procrastinator when it comes to present shopping and not just for Christmas...I have bought some gifts, but nothing major, mainly stocking stuffers for Jason and my dad...If anyone has any suggestions on how to make me a non procrastinating present buyer, I will take it!

No comments:

Post a Comment