Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas is a comin!

I am currently baking turtle cookies, drinking egg nog, watchin Elf (love that movie)...Let me ask you...Could life get any better!?!?!

I am so excited for Christmas...Jason arrives in the evening on the 22nd, I only have a half day of work on the 23rd, then we are off to Alma to spend the night with my brother and do our "Christmas" with them and then we head to Bruce Mines the morning of Christmas Eve...it's going to be a busy week, but I am ready for it...I get to see the love of my life, my dad, most of my siblings, nieces and nephews and friends...Then Jason and I come back to K-W on the 27th, spend some time with Justine and Sean (and possibly other friends), so Jason can meet his niece Alexis FINALLY and then we are off to NY, he has to go back to work and I get to spend time with the rest of my family...I think we are pretty lucky to see so much family around the holidays this year, it doesn't always work out that way for us...

I got up early this morning and went shopping and managed to get about 85% done, I just have a couple more gifts to get but I know what I am getting, so I am not shopping blind and it should only take an hour one night this week after work to complete it! The big success for the day was getting all of my baking ingredients, so that means baking went in to full swing today...short bread, sugar cookies, ginger bread, turtle cookies, lemon squares and maybe some candy cane brownies...What can I say I love being in the kitchen :-)

Well I should get back to my baking, got lots to finish up before bed...I will post again soon, but if I fail and I don't get back before Christmas...I wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment